Thursday, January 4, 2007

13 of My Favorite things


13 of my favorite things

Today I thought I would share some of my favorite things.

1. Flowers. I really love flowers. All of them really. I like giving them, getting them, growing them and looking at them.

2. Fall. As a season I love fall. Those nice cool crisp days, that flirt with summer, but hint of cooler days and nights. I like the smell of fall and the contrast of the bright blue sky and the vibrant oranges, red, yellows and browns.
3. Books. I do love books. I like to read much more than I like TV. I like to "see" the story in my mind. I like the way books feel, sound and smell. I love bookstores and libraries too! All those books.
4. Traveling. Now I have to admit that with the new flight rules and 2 small kids traveling is not as easy as it once was - but I love it. To go new places and see new things.
5. Internet shopping. Hey I love shopping on line. No standing in line, no driving thru parking lots fraught with danger. No disinterested clerks. Not that it is fool proof, but it is great!
6. Whole Foods. I love shopping at the new Whole Foods that opened in Columbus. I have food issues (no wheat, no corn and no dairy) so they have alot of things that help me out, plus the staff is friendly, the food is free of stuff you do not want. Way cool. I also as a business person like to see that a company is making it the market place - selling alot of items that mainstream groceries do not. It gives an outlet to the smaller organic and niche manufactures. Way cool. Plus they do not freak when I bring my own bags!
7. My shopping crates. Yes this is a tag on. I love my crates. They collapse. They are from Germany. My friend brought them to me. They are multi colored and fab. I take them with me to Whole Foods. So useful and they collapse for easy storage. They are also useful for transporting items to preschool and for all sorts of events. Like a box, but one that never rips or tears. Plus they are washable.
8. Quiet time. There was a time in my life that I never settled down to rest or relax. I was constantly moving. But now I indulge in quiet time and it really is good for the soul.
9. YOGA. I love it. It is awesome. I do not do it enough, but boy do I love it! It is a total mind and body cleansing and it is very powerful.
10. My glasses. I have had them for 5 years. They are cool and hip and a great style. I get compliments alot. It is kinda vain, but when you wear glasses it is often the first thing other people notice about you. So I treated myself to some great frames. Hey it is about seeing better - but fashion is important too!
11. Freedom. Not to get too political, but I value freedom very much. I am a bit worried about some of the freedoms we used to enjoy in the US - which seem to be slowing floating away. But that is a different post. I think freedom is really important. The ability to go and do what we want when we want. The ability to exercise choice. Basic stuff - but so many people have alot of limits set by their government. I am not sure we all understand the value of freedom.
12. My wedding ring. I really love it. I loved it the day my husband proposed and I love it every time I put it on. It is so us. It is a gem stone and diamonds. So it is not the "traditional" and that is so us. It means so much that he gave me something that really seems us. It is also a symbol of so much that we have shared and will share in the future. I think symbols are important and for me it is an outward symbol of the love we share.
13. Change. I used to hate it. I am still not sure I love change in the day to day - but the ability to make changes. To decide to do something different and then to follow it thru. I think change is good. While it can be painful and difficult, it is so important and sometimes making changes really does open new doors. I am embracing the new doors. They are not scary - but exciting.

So what are some of your favorite things???

No comments: