Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stiletto Woman

Stiletto Woman is a magazine for women by women and this month - pinch me - I am a featured contributor. I wrote an essay about my journey to complete my MBA! It was a long ten year journey complete with stops and starts, but in the end, I stuck to it and I did it. I graduated in February with an MBA from the University of Phoenix.

The program was writing intensive (evil grin) and I wrote on average a paper a week, about 1000-1500 and had to do weekly posts on specific topics.

In the end I am so proud of my accomplishment and I am doubly proud and honored to be featured in this great publication.

My message to women out there is - You can DO IT. You can, there is a way.

Alittle bit about this issue:

Stiletto Woman Magazine (Education Issue) is now released! Susan Porter is our cover feature. She has a great story of perseverance. Dr. Mary Gatta, a Rutgers University faculty member, shares her expertise on women and education; Alyssa Trimble, once a teen mom is now a doctoral candidate, tackles the myths of motherho...od. We interviewed Kellie Greene, a rape survivor who's changing the lives of others!


For more information on Stiletto Woman and this special education issue, visit their Facebook page or the Stiletto Woman web page.


No comments: