Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Stowaways will walk the plank

We checked out St. Simon's Island, the island adjacent to where we are staying. There are a number of historical building and a light house. It was dark and my pictures did not come out so well.

But the highlight of the evening was on the way home in the cool moonlight. We had a stowaway. A small greenish brown frog. We had seen it in the morning, but thought it had exited the car. Only to have it return on the ride home.

He sat on the dash board, just to the left of the steering wheel as I drove. He was sitting there all thoughtful and perhaps hyperventilating just a touch. We are all laughing about the frog and what he might be thinking.

I said he was helping me drive and E kept saying I was a "silly girl!"

To enter our island we have to stop at a checkpoint and pay the "parking fee." I wondered idly if the frog jumped out and landed on the toll booth attendant if we got a free pass?

When we pulled in and parked, H managed to usher the frog out of the car and into the grass. All is well that ends well, but I can't help but think I should have told the frog that sometimes, very often, the stowaway has to walk the plank.

AS we went to sleep, H said, "That frog looked a bit familiar. Kinda like the one on your blog."

No comments: