Monday, June 13, 2011

Music Monday: DJ Tiesto - Summer Jam

DJ Tiesto, Summer Jam

DJ Tiesto is nka Tiesto. He is one of my favorite remixers. I am very much into House music and trance and electronica. H and I have built a couple very nice Pandora stations using Tiesto and Armin van Buuern as our spring board.

Summer is upon us, although the weather has shifted in the last 24 hours and is now very pleasant. We were experiencing high summer last week. It was nearly unbearable. I am not at all into hot and humid weather. It wears on me. We took the kids swimming on Thursday and I was exhausted after that. The sun leeches the get up and go out of me fast.

The kids finished up with the school year prior to the Memorial Day holiday and I was totally unprepared for this. I find the transition from school to summer very challenging. I am a creature of habit and now the schedule is different. L has opted to not do very many formal camps or activities and that means she is home during the day, which I both like and loathe. On one hand I enjoy having her around and on the other, I feel like I cannot get anything done. She looks to me to entertain her when her buddies are not around.

E has opted to do camp 3 days a week, which is good on one hand, but limiting on the other.

We have a pretty full summer. Both L and I celebrate birthdays in the summer. We are taking a family vacation to Iceland and the kids and I will be taking our first really long car trip to Washington DC. I plan to take the kids to Cincinnati, because IKEA and Jungle Jim's is calling my name.

We plan days at the pool at my mom's condo and hopefully some other fun stuff. The laundry still needs to be done and there will be days, as I told L last week, where it is not all fun and games. Groceries must be bought and bathrooms must be cleaned.

Some chores are simply more fun than others. We enjoy early morning trips to the big farmers market and Wednesday afternoons exploring our local farmer's market and CSA pick up. We enjoy trips to the library on our bikes.

I also hope to finish painting some shelves, getting the Laundry Room/Mud Room project officially finished and I want to recover the dining room chairs. I also have some sewing projects, I very much want to start and finish this summer. L and I also have some Mommy and me craft ideas lined up.

For me, it is about finding a balance. Getting the work accomplished and still having the time and the energy to enjoy the dog days of summer. All too soon, it will be back to school.

We are going to try to jam as much as we can... into our summer and not go crazy.

No comments: