Sunday, February 7, 2010

The home stretch

I did it. After about 10 years of stops and starts, I finished my MBA. Turned in my final paper minutes ago. In a week once the final grades post, I have to apply for my diploma. I could sign up to "walk" somewhere, but I have little interest in that. Scratch that, I have no interest in that.

I also wrote a piece for Stiletto Woman about the process, so once that is published, I will post a link to those reflection here.

Suffice to say, I am so glad I finished. I am proud of myself for sticking to it and seeing it through. It was a huge sacrifice in terms of time and H has been very helpful, with helping me balance school and family. There are dozens of movies I have not see, my to be read pile of books is epic. I dropped out of my book club for almost a year, as I could not keep up.

I have a few craft and sewing projects to catch up on and I aim to get back to writing my novel, now that my writing time is not being eaten up with papers.

I posted to Face book, that this feels a bit like the last mile of the half marathon, only minus the urge to throw up. I am having a party later in the month and very much looking forward to my life as an MBA and no longer an MBA student.

No comments: