Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #16) Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
While I have dabbled in E*books, it has been years and years since I have done an audio book. So given the sheer length of this book, I decided to give it a try as an audiobook. I enjoyed the experience and I enjoyed the story.If you are not familiar with this series, I do not suggest starting with this book. Good back and start at the beginning. As with all series novels, they can stand alone, but reading the first few books is most helpful.I thought the beginning chapters in terms of violence and repetitiveness were slightly over done. I felt like I was getting beaten (pun intended) over the head with just how bad Acheron's life really had been.Otherwise, I think Kenyon's style lends itself to the audio format, things I have disliked about her writing style, seemed to really work narrated. All in all this was a good story, worth the time and a perfect book to test out books being read to me on my iPod.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: