Thursday, May 6, 2010

Goodreads: The White Tiger

The White Tiger The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
As a 2008 Man Booker prize winner, I assumed this would be worth reading. It was. Adiga is clever in his set up, his method and his message. I found the book to be funny and serious.

This is a book, that our children will be reading in a college course someday.

I think this book shows us how business works, how culture works and how it is not pretty and neat, progress has a price, sometimes a large one. I would argue while this story - and bear in mind it is a good story - claims to be a story about one man and his climb to success, I think it is more than that, I think the symbolism of this book is cleverly hidden and so obvious all at the same time.

Adiga tackles some difficult subjects with humor and wit.

Well worth the reading.

I borrowed this book from a friend. It is officially on my to buy list. I plan to read it again.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: