Monday, March 12, 2012

Music Monday - Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra)

Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) 

 It was decided yesterday evening that E really likes this song, as do I. I am not sure why E likes it, given that the lyrics are fairly complex and the subject matter even more so. It is haunting, the melody. I think that is purposefully. I also think E likes haunting melodies.

I think this song reminds us that nothing lasts forever, our friends, our loves, they do not stay static. There is movement in so many directions. Things do change. Even if we don't want them to...

I also think that the truth is very subjective. We all have our own personal truth and there is the collective truth and someone who has moved through the same experience as we have, their truth may well be very different from our own.

I also think there are people we have known, who fall into the category of "somebody I used to know" and those people may haunt us for years to come. Some people who cross our paths, may leave us wondering, what was that I thought I knew?

No comments: