Friday, September 26, 2008

The Universe Smilied

So yesterday was the first day in a long long time that I worked almost all day. Well from 10-2:30 pm on my business. This had been the plan when we put E in preschool all day, but alas this entire summer, something else happened on either Tuesday or Thursday. I am not really looking for an entire 8 hours - I will take 5 or 6 hours of uninterrupted work time.

I also took some time to work on some personal admin items and this included poking around for better accommodations whilst on vacation, which is 3 weeks away.

We are heading on vacation with my mother on the emphatic advice of both her doctors. We are going to Jekyll Island which is an island off the coast of Georgia, roughly the size of the Short North. Given the late nature of our planning we had secured two very small rooms at the Days Inn.

Now there are a number of problems with this. No kitchen and given my food issues, I cannot just eat anything. I have been obsessing over this for weeks. Size. Two small children stuck in a small hotel room - sounds more like hell than vacation. Noise - there is a large convention there that week and the Days Inn, we stayed at before and well noise was a serious problem.

So I have been meaning to call the two Island rental agencies to see about a condo or cottage, but well I have not had the time or I have had the time and they are closed for the day.

I called yesterday. The first one had nothing. I mean nothing. My heart sank a bit.

I called the second one.

They had one. Not just one. One of the nicest houses on the island. It is on the beach. It has exactly what need - including a kitchen and WiFi (ok I do not need WiFi - but I sure as hell like the fact that I have it....) it has 5 bedrooms (way too many but I will take too many over not enough.)

It is a bit pricey, but if what the doctors say is true - this may be one of the last vacations we can all take together. I want it to be full of happy memories and happy times and I want it to peaceful and rejuvenating. It has been a long summer for my mother. She has moved, she has been told that the cancer everyone in the beginning thought was no BIG DEAL. Is in fact a HUGE DEAL.

My best friends J's dad died yesterday. Her mother died a few years ago - Life is really short. I mean really short. When great moments come along - Live them, becasue once they pass you by - they are gone forever.

We took the house. I am excited for the kids to have space to roam. The adults to have space to be and think and rest. Ocean view and ocean noise.

I am sure there will be tense moments - there always are when little people and big people get out of their element - but I feel way better about have room for tense to diffuse!

I am so thankful for having the time to call at the RIGHT time and finding what I want wanted. Feels like someone was looking out for me!

No comments: