Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Gone Monkey

I have to say, I think the government buying into the GM in such a far reaching way, is absolutely insane. More insane than dumping money in the banks. It is pure unadulterated lunacy. (Translation: It is a stupid waste of my tax dollars.)

I get that over 100,000 plus retirees would have suffered and I get that the economy of the midwest depends heavily on the auto powerhouse, but this buy in, this government ownership is only going to ease the situation a little bit. The reality is the new company is going to be smaller, require less workers and make less revenue year over year.

AND frankly that is a big IF! I am not sure they have what it takes to get it together and make cars that people will want to buy. I am not sure the brain trust that is the board of GM has what it takes to MANAGE this transition effectively. They have however managed to run the company into the ground.

The reality is clear... we have social problems in this country that get a few peanuts in terms of assistance from our government and then we have BIG BUSINESS who seems to view Washington as their personal ATM. The ask for and gets more money than is conceivable.

I ask you then, who OWNS the government. Clearly it is not for the people, by the people, it is for the BUSINESS, by the BUSINESSES.

I guess at the end of the day the Greedy Rat Bastards do win, or at least get lots of my tax dollars...

No comments: