Monday, June 29, 2009

May he rot in torment...

I am heartened to see that finally - FINALLY - someone on Wall Street is getting what they so richly deserve. Bernie Madoff will spend the rest of his life in jail. He will die penniless and while I think it is sad that tax dollars will be spent to feed and cloth him, his loss of liberty is a lesson.

I am still deciding how I feel about the punishment meted out to his wife Ruth. I am struggling with the assets seized, which were in her name and her name alone. I hope that they truly were marital property, disguised, being placed in her name. I am sure her lawyers failed to offer proof, that they were solely hers.

Her biggest lose, is not the money however, her biggest lost will be living with the fact that her husband lied to thousands of people and to HER, for years and years.

No comments: