Sunday, June 21, 2009

Kenyon Review Writers Workshop

This week I am at the Kenyon Review Writers Workshop, studying poetry with Carl Phillips. Google him, he is way cool.

The campus is lovely and the time to think and write is so valuable. I have not been feeling as focused the first half of this year and I am hopeful that this experience will renew my creative well and help me that Zen writers place.

I am not short on ideas mind you, just time and focus.

I have never been to anything like this before and many of the participants are back again, which says something I think.

It also reinforces the notion that I write because I am a writer. Being published or actively seeking publication is a different animal. While it is is a goal, to be sure, it does not define me as a writer.

No comments: