Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bye Bye Summer

I cannot believe school starts next week. The summer seems both endless and short at the same time. I was feeling like we got nothing accomplished, but that is not true.

* Took our first ever camping trip to Northern Michigan. Heavenly.

* I attended the Kenyon Review's summer writing workshop. Inspirational.

*E was ill at 4th of July, but L and I managed the fireworks.

*L had her tonsils removed and spent 2 weeks being quiet and recovering. Towards the end of the 2 weeks I had to sit on her big time.

* L attending camp at E's preschool, took dance camp, and art camp. She loved it. Leanring and having fun during the summer.

*E went to camp every week M-W-F, in part to hold our spot for fall and in part to give me time for school and time with just L!

*L and I painted pottery

*We went to the Zoo and Zoombize Bay a fair amount

*H took L to DC to visit his cousin and see the sights.

I had thought we might have more time for running around, but we were busy

*L and I both had killer B-day parties

*We went to one wedding, staying overnight in a hotel! A highlight for the kiddos

*Farmers markets trips and we grew our own tomatoes

I read about 10 books and had 2 MBA classes.

So all in all, it was a busy, fun and productive summer. Looking forward to school starting and having a "normal" routine.

No comments: