Monday, March 28, 2011

Goodreads: Loving Frank

Loving FrankLoving Frank by Nancy Horan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I think this story is beautifully written, the prose blending well with the obviously detailed historical research. It is surprising that this novel is Nancy Horan's first.



I was so surprised having studied FLW's work in college to discover that history as all but removed Mamah from his life. How like historians to omit that which they cannot understand or not fit into an "appropriate box."



It is clear from this novel that Mamah plated a pivotal role in Frank;s work and his life.



While some of her choices are difficult to understand, I think this is a loving portrait of a woman, struggling with being true to herself and to her sense of duty.



A good read and very thought provoking. Worth the time. Another book I will file under - I am so glad I read it but I would never have picked it up, if my book club hadn't selected it.



View all my reviews

No comments: