Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mirror Mirror on the Wall...

...my nemesis sounds so much like me.

This has to be what our esteemed president says when he hears stuff like this. (find the entire bit here)

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's president on Tuesday blamed the U.S. and other "big powers" for global ills such as nuclear proliferation and AIDS, and accused them of exploiting the U.N. for their own

But, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said, time was on the poor countries' side.

"The big powers are going down," Ahmadinejad told foreign ministers of the Nonaligned Movement meeting in Tehran. "They have come to the end of their power, and the world is on the verge of entering a new, promising era."



How is that 2 of the worlds leaders can sounds so - well juvenile. Do they have the same demented speech writers? Iran's president is talking about "big powers" and last week Bush is lamenting the "Wall Street Thugs." Are you kidding me?

There is an obligation fellow voters - to show up on election day and to CHOOSE the best man for the job. The Iranian's I can excuse - given that the democratic process is a bit corrupted and well it is kinda a police state - vote for the wrong guy - lose your hand. What I ask is this country's problem?

I will say the comments of the President of Iran have vision - misguided and kinda scary sometimes - but there is a twinkle of vision. More than I can say for our ducky guy!

While throwing stones - I will also say that Obama seems to have vision and can articulate it well - and McCain has been known to have vision - articulation optional. I am not sure either man has enough of either - vision nor articulation to really energize the American voter. It is really sad.

One wonders:

Are they a reflection of our apathy?

No comments: