Monday, November 21, 2011

Music Monday: LIVE - Lightning Crashes

It's been a month. A month since we walked away from a hole in the ground, leaving her behind. In the freezing rain and puddles of mud.

It is the circle, I know it is, we are born, we live and we die. Sometimes in a matter of hours, sometimes in a matter of weeks, and sometimes that time stretches into years. We are dying the minute we take that first breath... it is the first, until it is our last... Only what if we are ready for it to be our last or her last...

Going through her jewelry, I found last night the scrabble tiles the kids picked out for her, on the pretty pink chain. Only a year ago... it seems like forever and yesterday all at once.

oh now feel it comin' back again
like a rollin' thunder chasing the wind
forces pullin' from the center of the earth again
I can feel it.

(H took me to see LIVE in 1994, I think you could say it was one of our first dates, only I did not know it at the time. I had never heard of LIVE before he invited me to the concert. I am not sorry I went... They remain one of my favorite groups.)



No comments: