Thursday, March 1, 2007
13 Places I would like to visit before I die
1. Australia. I really want to go there. It is such an interesting and diverse place and let's face it the accent rocks! The beaches rock! The Outback rocks! and the wines rock! Plus kangaroos and koala's are cool too.
2. Seattle and the Pacific Northwest. I have been many places in the US, but never there. It looks so pretty, lush and green. Plus Seattle seems like a pretty neat city.
3. Thailand. I have read books with Thailand as a setting and I have seen movies & documentaries about Thailand. I have to say I am not a hot and humid weather kinda of girl, but I think I could make an exception for this destination.
4. India. I have always wanted to go to India. A friend of mine from my study abroad days - did some work in India and Nepal and her pictures were breath-taking. India is one of those place where I think you would have to devote at least a minimum of a month to really see it all and experience all it has to offer.
5. Maine. My mother has been and a friend has lived there, but I have never made it. It looks so lovely.
6. Grand Canyon. Sad to say I have not been there! Flown over more times than I can count, but never been there.
7. Iceland. Well let's face, it is such a rare place. And a country which can produce such luscious chocolate (seriously, bought some at Whole Foods and it is outstanding.) Plus there is Bjork, hot springs, and so much more.
8. Italy. I really would like to visit Italy. Was in northern Italy once for an afternoon, but I would like to take a week or two and really see the sites. Venice, Rome, Florence. My host family in high school spent time on the Island of Sardinia, the pictures look lovely. I think I would like to learn some Italian before I set out though. It is always a better experience when you can speak the language.
9. I would like to go to Montreal, Quebec, Canada. H goes there off and on for flight training and for the occasional overnight layovers. He has brought back city guides from time to time and I think it looks like a good time and romantic. My French is bad, but maybe I would be inspired.
10. England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. My family is Welsh and English on my mother's side. I would like to get there. We were all set to go in the Fall of 2001, but after 9/11 we decided to stay stateside.
11. Japan. I have always wanted to get there too. It has such a rich history and the geography is so diverse. Plus I am sushi obsessed so I think I could eat it every day there - no problems :)
12. Sweden & Norway. I was in Denmark in 1995 - lovely. I want to see the rest of Scandinavia - mmm, maybe a cruise.
13. Alaska. Then I can say that I have been to Alaska and Hawaii. The wild life and the views from TV and friends pictures look so great.
Honestly, I love to travel, so I could go anywhere and be happy. It is such a rush to check out new places and cultures. There is so much to see and learn! ( I am alittle worried about the water someplaces - I have heard some terrible terrible stories....) But nothing ventured nothing gained - right?