Monday, January 3, 2011

Favorite 20 Songs

The other night at swimming, the musak was playing Deacon Blue by Steely Dan and I tweeted that it was on the list of my favorite 20 songs. I thought as 2010 comes to a close, maybe I should really put just such a list together.

 I am not going to put them in order, in general, where music is concerned, I like something or I don't.

So here they are in no particular order. I also am pretty sure this list is fluid - but this is a fair representation of 20 songs, which always speak to me. (The genre diversity should speak for itself.)

1. Steely Dan - Deacon Blue

2. James - Laid

3. Barbara Streisand and Barry Gibb - Guilty


4. Modest Mouse - The Float On 




5. Modest Mouse - The View


6. The Moody Blues - In Your Wildest Dreams

7. Kate Bush - Running Up that Hill



8. Tori Amos - Cornflake Girl


9.REM  - The One I Love


10. Feist - When I was a young girl


11.NIN - Head Like a Hole


12. American Music - Violent Femmes


13. Dave Matthews Band - American Baby


14. Cat Stevens - Peace Train


15. Crosby, Stills, Nash et al. Wooden Ships


16. LIVE - Lightening Crashes


17. The Church - Under the Milky Way


18. Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen


19. Matthias Reim - Verdammt ich lieb dich

20. The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black

No comments: