Friday, June 13, 2008

Another tasty find...


I found these at Whole Foods the other day! Raw Indulgence bars. Yumm-o! Now I know when most people see the words, "Gluten Free • Vegan • Wheat, Corn, Soy, Trans-fat, Cholestorol and Refined Sugar Free!" they immediately think - oh it will taste like paper. Add to that the words: Kosher, Non-GMO and nothing artificial and no preservatives and well - it must be yuck!

Me, well I think - hot damn - provided that there are no oats in it - then I might be able to eat that! Now I will agree at the outset that being able to eat something and actually wanting to eat it are totally different things. The Raw Indulgence Bars - Yeah - I want to eat them. Thus far I have tried the chocolate & cashew and the chocolate and raspberry. Very tasty. Soft and kinda chewy and they are sweet but not in an unnatural way - the sweetness comes from fruit and some Agave Nectar.

They are not overly high in protein, but they do have the healthy fat I need in my diet and they are portable. The double as dessert (hey come on my dessert choices are very limited!) and they make a great on the go snack or breakfast.

In theory I am behind the Raw food movement. I think we should focus on eating things with the least amount of processing.

So even if you can eat all the omitted stuff mentioned and then some - I still think these are worth trying out! They are very tasty - so tasty you do not miss what they have left out!

No comments: