Wednesday, June 18, 2008

If it is broken - why not just fix it?

A friend sent me this joke:



Presidential candidates Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and John Mc Cain were flying to a debate.

Barack looked at Hillary, Chuckled and said, 'You know I could throw a $1,000 bill out of the window right now and make somebody very happy.'

Hillary shrugged her shoulders and replied, 'I could throw ten $100 bills out of the window and make ten people very happy.'

John added, 'That being the case, I could throw one hundred $10 bills out of the window and make a hundred people very happy.'

Hearing their exchange, the pilot rolled his eyes and said to his copilot, 'Such big-shots back there. I could throw all three of them out of the window and make 156 million people very happy.'

I'm voting for the Pilot.


First off - I think it is very funny and on the other hand - sadly all too true! In a previous post I suggested we need to do something radical. There is no reason that we need to stick with the same old same old - there is no law, no rule and if there is - then I say we throw it out and start something new. THE CURRENT TWO PARTY SYSTEM IS BROKEN! It is not working. It is like a bad marriage crying out for divorce or some serious and in depth counseling. The constant in fighting and all is counter productive and WASTE of everyone's time.

Isn't it sad that in the world larges democracy - it is once again a choice of not who is the best for the job - but the lesser of two evils at worst and at best the only one willing to stick it out. I happen to like aspects of both McCain and Obama - but by the end of the 5 month campaign of in fighting and finger pointing and media circus - I will want to hang myself more than cast my vote.

This is my rallying cry - Can the spin and sit down and DO SOMETHING DAMN IT! We have real problems and NO ONE CURRENTLY IN POWER is doing anything - other than finger pointing or shoving their head up their ass!

We need a 3rd party or a 4th and we need someone to final admit out loud - that the system is broken and needs fixed. It worked during the horse and buggy era but we are in the modern age and we need to shake it up and get with the program!

1 comment:

Nadia said...

I like the pilot! LOL.