Sunday, June 8, 2008

A great thing...


I generally take my own bags to the grocery or my collapsible crate. (Compliments of PDA in Germany!) I was doing this before it was trendy and in Germany you have to take your own bags - unless you would like to pay for a plastic one. The only issue for me is, what do you do if you are out and about and well you have time to hit the grocery? My bags will not fit in my purse and I sometimes have them in the car but sometimes not. Well this is the solution. Envirosax! I found them in a boutique here in town and they are perfect! They roll up to be smaller than most wallets and are a great light weight nylon! They have all sorts of colors and patterns - I went with the piggy in the middle pink! They also make organic ones and have a variety of material options. Some patterns for kids (or the child with in us all) and others more for grown ups!

These sacks are also great for other types of shopping - like when going to the mall or other small stores. No need to get a sack from every retailer.

Everyone is up in arms about the price of gas and I agree it is out of control, but what many of us forget is that plastic is petroleum based - cutting out so much of our consumption of plastic is not only green - but also can be effective in reducing our dependence on foreign oil.

No comments: