Friday, June 6, 2008

I discovered something very cool this week...

I know I have been on the fence with the entire e*book thing. I found them difficult to work with on my Palm and now that I have a Crackberry, well I cannot use those books I purchased for my Palm. I still like the idea of electronic books - for the sheer convenience of not having to lug around a book.

Welcome to Daily Lit. It is like the library only via email. Some of their selections are free and others do cost. You give them your email address and they will email you a portion of a selected book a day or at whatever frequency you request until they have emailed you the entire book. So right now I am getting for free a romance novel via email. Perfect for killing time in the park or while waiting in line somewhere. All on my Crackberry via email. Create a folder on Yahoo in your in box and you can keep the book all together. Rereading at your leisure. I think it is a great way for me to read just a bit, when I have time.

Another feature I am testing out is the Wikipedia options. I am having Daily Lit email me 50 Capitals of the World and The 50 best Poets of all Time. So they send you a summary from Wikipedia and if you want to learn more - well they include the link for that as well. Better for me than the news I should think and educational. I am all about learning something new every day, this should help me with that.

According to their newsletter - Daily Lit as a website is a year old. Surf on over and give it a try!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'll have to try. later. stared at the computer too much during the semester. my eyes are crossing. soon...