Monday, February 13, 2012

Music Monday: Whitney Houston I Will Always Love You

Whitney Houston - - I Will Always Love You

My mom loved this movie. She was partial to Kevin Cosner. I think this movie was well done. I also think this particular song was very powerful, sung by a very powerful singer.

While I am not a huge fan of pop songs or pop music or love songs, exactly - I have to admit that this one gives me goosebumps. I immediately thought of this song when I read the news that Whitney Houston died Saturday night. There is something powerful about the idea of always loving someone. While the tabloids and gossip magazines rehash all that was wrong in Whitney's life, I instead choose to think about all that was right. She touched so many people with her gift of song. That gift, will live on forever.

No comments: