Friday, April 27, 2012

Product Review: Goody Simple Styles Spin Pins

I will admit, I have stood in the store and looked at these spin pins and wondered, "will they really hold my hair?" The other day I decided, there truly would only be one way to find out.

First of all, you must understand that I have very thick, naturally curly hair. It is thick and heavy and I often in the winter, just let it hang down. With warmer weather flirting with us, I begin to obsess about getting my hair up and off my neck.

photo courtesy of Goody
I was doubtful that these little spin pins would do the job.

Boy was I wrong. I put my hair up last night and it stayed through dinner. Not a piece of it moved.

As E and I traveled to NYC, I had my hair half up and half down and after a flight, a bus trip, a subway trip, a hotel check in and then a maze of subways, dinner and a maze of subways back to the hotel. All I can say is the pins held firm. I was very impressed.

I also can't believe that they don't give me a headache. That is the worst part of an up do for me. Either the pins scrap the scalp or pull or in some way cause a pounding headache before the day is over.

Thus far -- no headache!

Doing a pricing round up - it seems these pins, which come in a two pack, range in price from $3.72 to $6.29. I don't think they fall into the cheap category, but for less than $10, I have a reliable up do tool. Seems a value proposition to me.

No comments: