Monday, February 16, 2009

Cancer Live!

So today I was up at the crack of dawn (5 am) and picked my mom up around 6:20 am and headed down to the James. May I say valet parking rocks there! May I also say that I am not sure the Ritz could have done a better job that early in the morning? Everyone was helpful, guided us where we needed to go. All before most people have had their first cup of coffee.

Registration, check. Visit to vampire, check. Tracer dose of I-131, check. Wait an hour... get scanned, check. Back at mother's having tea, check.

And guess what? We get to do it again - same time - on Wednesday. Only on Wednesday, I will leave her there and she will have to stay for 2 to 3 days and then she has to be in isolation at home - for 7 days.

That is the hard part, as I will not be able to see her then - since the kiddos can be impacted by the radioactive fall out. So if she needs something - I can drop it on the porch but cannot go in.

So it is onward and upward... I think I need a nap...

No comments: