Saturday, February 21, 2009

Wow - I am a real writer now...

So, about a month ago, I applied to the Kenyon Review's summer workshop. I submitted some prose and some of my poems and thought - well let's see what happens. I had seen their ad in the Poets & Writers Magazine.

I got in! Yep! I was accepted to the program. I will be spending a week this summer working on my poetry. I am thrilled really!

Further proof that I am a real writer - I am going to read at an open mic night in March... kinda scared about that one - but going for it anyway.

And the last tiny bit of evidence?

I was invited to a Read-A-Loud with the online journal I have had published some short fiction with! That will be in April.

I am feeling warm and bubbly. It is amazing when you pursue your passion and realize a dream!

No comments: