Sunday, July 22, 2007

Love in a Pint...


Ok, so I had the crushing revelation recently, that most sorbet and sherbet has corn syrup in it. Corn syrup is a no no.... you know, corn. In the begininng of this scary food issue thing, I had not cut out corn syrup - now I am.....

Grrr. Can I eat nothing cold and creamy? I gotta say while there is some reasonably tasty soy based ice cream out there, it is not that easy to find and I worry about eating too much soy.

So I had resigned myself to being freezer dessert free. Not so! Hello, Woo City! I just tried their Peach Amaretto Sorbet. Oh was that heaven on a spoon. Very peachy and with the hit old almond. Yummy! I had never heard of Woo City before, but I picked this up at the new Sun Flower Market. As much as I love Whole Foods - their selection of sorbet and non dairy ice cream is a bit lacking, thank you very much....

So, I am going to go enjoy my peachy spoonful of heaven!

No comments: