Thursday, January 10, 2008

Just note...

I keep a blog and I read a fair number of blogs and 2008 is all about being more productive to maximizing the time I have for writing. So clicking around to see if one of my favorite bloggers has updated their blog is not the most productive use of my time.

So I investigated and then asked a few friends and a friend suggested SAGE - which is an add on to Firefox. Love it! It is exactly what I was looking for. You can read the blogs in the consolidated format or you can click the link and go to the page - your call. I like it because - you click and the feeds update and you can tell in an instant who has updated. Saves a ton of time. In some cases you can opt for a comment feed as well - which I have done for some of the really active blogs.

The downside is - since this is an add on - it is computer specific - so I had to set it up on my desktop and my laptop, which can be a pain, but really that is a small price to pay for the ease of surfing.

This is like TiVo but for your blogs. While I do not have TiVo - which would be silly since I do not watch TV - I do have SAGE and it works like a charm. There are many more choices out there and I am sure they work just as well - but this one felt right to me and it works and I am running with it.

2 comments:

Cyn said...

I found the same type of thing for Internet Explorer called Active Web Reader. Now, if I could just figure it out...

Susan said...

Yeah it took me a bit to figure it out - but it is handy little time saver. I tried YAHOOs! but it just did not work well.