Saturday, January 24, 2009

Low Iodine cooking update...

So I have 4 servings of yummy homemade chicken noodle soup completed. (Well first - I made 2.5 quarts of my own chicken stock to use in the low iodine recipes.) And I have three single serve chicken potpies made. They are very cute and I have to say making the pastry shell with corn oil shortening is harder than butter and I have no idea how it will turn out - I will say - they look nice and the chicken mixture looks yumm-o. Not that I can taste any of this - seeing as none of it is gluten free.

Did I mention finding unsalted frozen mixed veggies is almost as hard as finding the HOPE diamond in a garbage dump? But I found some! I ready every label in Giant Eagles Frozen veggie section and have the frost bite on my fingers to prove it!

Next on the parade of fab low iodine food - corn muffins and apple sauce muffins!

Take that you pesky tumors!

No comments: